Creativity consists in maintaining a key aspect of the experience of childhood throughout one's life: the capacity to create and recreate the world. Creativity is the omnipotence of the child's mind.
Donald Woods Winnicott
Check all other quotes by Donald Woods Winnicott
Want to display this quote image on your website or blog? Simply copy and paste the below code on your website/blog.Embed:
Format of this image is jpg. The width and height of image are 1200 and 630, repectively. This image is available for free to download.
Use the citation below to add this quote to your bibliography:
MLA Style Citation
"Donald Woods Winnicott Quotes." Quoteslyfe.com, 2023. Sat. 25 Mar. 2023. <https://www.quoteslyfe.com/quote/Creativity-consists-in-maintaining-a-key-aspect-528660>.
Other quotes of Donald Woods Winnicott
There is no such thing as a baby, there is a baby and someone.
It is a joy to be hidden, and disaster not to be found.
The fact that grief takes so long to resolve is not a sign of inadequacy, but betokens depth of soul.
Tell me what you fear and I will tell you what has happened to you.
Feeling real is more than existing; it is finding a way to exist as oneself... and to have a self into which to retreat for relaxation.
The precursor of the mirror is the mother's face.
The capacity to still feel wonder is essential to the creative process.
It is in playing, and perhaps only in playing, that the child is free to be creative.
It's a poor thing to be sane!
We fight to exist. Personally, I am not ashamed of fighting to exist. We are doing no very extraordinary thing to fight simply because we do not wish to be enslaved or exterminated.
Other quotes you may like
There's no future in stories...Stories are things of the past, things for museums.
The only way you can talk about this great tide in which you’re a participant is as Schopenhauer did: the universe is a dream dreamed by a single dreamer where all the dream characters dream too.
The worst way to drown is in mainstream.
Don't ask me about emotions in the Welsh dressing room. I'm someone who cries when he watches Little House on the Prairie.
Democracy is no solution - it's just 51% bossing the other 49% around. For God's sake, Hitler was democratically elected! Democracy is just mob rule dressed up in a coat and tie.
It is fortunate that Literature is in no ways injured by the follies of Collectors, since though they preserve the worthless, they necessarily defend the good.
I'm afraid of animals.
You're never fully dressed without a smile.
Everything we are is anchored in our childhoods. The drama comes in how we deal with it. Are we slaves to our past, or can we rise above it? This is the stuff of great stories.