Quote of the Day
Authors Categories Blog Quote Maker Videos
 

Ha-Joon Chang Quotes: 95 percent of economics is common sense made complicated, and even for the remaining 5 percent, the essential reasoning, if not all the technical details, can be explained in plain terms.
         

95 percent of economics is common sense made complicated, and even for the remaining 5 percent, the essential reasoning, if not all the technical details, can be explained in plain terms.


Ha-Joon Chang
Check all other quotes by Ha-Joon Chang

Want to display this quote image on your website or blog? Simply copy and paste the below code on your website/blog.

Embed:

Format of this image is jpg. The width and height of image are 1200 and 630, repectively. This image is available for free to download.





Citation

Use the citation below to add this quote to your bibliography:


Styles:

×

MLA Style Citation


"Ha-Joon Chang Quotes." Quoteslyfe.com, 2024. Tue. 16 Jul. 2024. <https://www.quoteslyfe.com/quote/95-percent-of-economics-is-common-sense-632967>.





Check out


Other quotes of Ha-Joon Chang


Making rich people richer doesn't make the rest of us richer.

Making rich people richer doesn't make the rest of us richer.



People 'over-produce' pollution because they are not paying for the costs of dealing with it.

People 'over-produce' pollution because they are not paying for the costs of dealing with it.



The best way to boost the economy is to redistribute wealth downward, as poorer people tend to spend a higher proportion of their income.

The best way to boost the economy is to redistribute wealth downward, as poorer people tend to spend a higher proportion of their income.



There are different ways to organise capitalism. Free-market capitalism is only one of them-and not a very good one at that.

There are different ways to organise capitalism. Free-market capitalism is only one of them-and not a very good one at that.



95% of Economics is common sense deliberately made complicated.

95% of Economics is common sense deliberately made complicated.



The Korean economic miracle was the result of a clever and pragmatic mixture of market incentives and state direction.

The Korean economic miracle was the result of a clever and pragmatic mixture of market incentives and state direction.



The washing machine changed the world more than the Internet.

The washing machine changed the world more than the Internet.



A well-designed welfare state can actually encourage people to take chances with their jobs and be more, not less, open to changes.

A well-designed welfare state can actually encourage people to take chances with their jobs and be more, not less, open to changes.



[Good managers] know that people have 'good' sides and 'bad' sides and that the secret of good management is in magnifying the former and toning down the latter.

[Good managers] know that people have 'good' sides and 'bad' sides and that the secret of good management is in magnifying the former and toning down the latter.



Countries are poor not because their people are lazy; their people are 'lazy' because they are poor.

Countries are poor not because their people are lazy; their people are 'lazy' because they are poor.





Other quotes you may like


Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.

Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.



Find as much information about your subject as you can

Find as much information about your subject as you can




Habit creates the appearance of justice; progress has no greater enemy than habit.

Habit creates the appearance of justice; progress has no greater enemy than habit.



You kind of think people get sick of you after a while, but apparently not.

You kind of think people get sick of you after a while, but apparently not.



The Bush administration did stop filling the reserve in 2002 when it helped the oil industry. Now they should do it to help the consumer.

The Bush administration did stop filling the reserve in 2002 when it helped the oil industry. Now they should do it to help the consumer.



Did you wake him?" "If I say yes, will you spank me?" Syn rolled his eyes. "You're horrible, Mari.

Did you wake him?" "If I say yes, will you spank me?" Syn rolled his eyes. "You're horrible, Mari.



Words are never 'only words'; they matter because they define the contours of what we can do.

Words are never 'only words'; they matter because they define the contours of what we can do.



I like songs that are part of a dramatic texture, and therefore I like the scenes to be active. I wanna follow the story and that means you lean on the actors.

I like songs that are part of a dramatic texture, and therefore I like the scenes to be active. I wanna follow the story and that means you lean on the actors.



ALL men keep ALL women in a state of fear

ALL men keep ALL women in a state of fear




Quote Description


This page presents the quote "95 percent of economics is common sense made complicated, and even for the remaining 5 percent, the essential reasoning, if not all the technical details, can be explained in plain terms.". Author of this quote is Ha-Joon Chang. This quote is about complicated, common sense, economics, essentials, reasoning, details, made, percent,.