Introduction of World Wind Day
World Wind Day takes place worldwide yearly on June 15. This day is dedicated to exploring the strength of wind energy and the destiny possibilities. It shapes our energy systems, decarbonizes our economies, and boosts growth. Wind energy is a supply of solar energy that is used to generate electricity. It is the most sustainable renewable energy source that has little effect on the environment. World Wind day is organized through European Wind Energy Association (EWEA) and the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC). People used to visit wind farms, meet experts, attend occasions, and assist wind energy on this day.
Global Wind Day spread recognition approximately wind, its power, and the opportunities it holds to reshape our energy systems and enhance employment and growth. Man-made technology is degrading the surroundings bit by bit. Global warming is inflicting climate change. This is the outcome of the destruction we've caused. Therefore, to save something we can salvage, sustainable sorts of energy consisting of water, wind, etc., emerge as all the more necessary.
History of World Wind Day
The Global Wind Day is organized through WindEurope, the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC), and the national associations. This day is brought to create cognizance of the advantages of wind energy for the overall public. The first Global Wind Day was held in 2007. Since then, the day has been aimed to spread in numerous countries and to make humans recognize the ability of this day
World Wind Day 2022 Date
When is World Wind Day 2022?
World Wind Day for the year 2022 is celebrated/observed on Wednesday, 15 June.
World Wind Day dates for the years 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, and 2026
|2022||Wed||15 Jun||World Wind Day|
|2023||Thu||15 Jun||World Wind Day|
|2024||Sat||15 Jun||World Wind Day|
|2025||Sun||15 Jun||World Wind Day|
|2026||Mon||15 Jun||World Wind Day|
Significance of World Wind Day
This day is determined to elevate recognition approximately wind energy and the way its harnessed. Not only that, its benefits and workings also are seemed at. According to WindEurope, onshore wind is now visible as the most inexpensive form of energy, specifically in Europe. The utilization of wind turbines has been useful in producing electricity as well. In many regions across the world, massive turbines harness wind energy.
It is formed through the uneven heating of the Earth by the sun. You cannot see it; however, you may experience it. When there may be a distinction in atmospheric pressure, winds are generated.
At the Equator, because of sun water and land are hotter than another a part of the globe. Therefore, warm equatorial air rises better into the atmosphere and migrates closer to the poles. This is called a low-pressure system. Now, at the same time, cooler or denser air movements over the floor of the Earth closer to the Equator to update the heated air. This is called a high-strain system. Winds usually blow from high-strain regions to low-strain regions. And the bounds among those regions are called the front. Various varieties of wind and climate styles are brought on among fronts, like winning winds that blow from a single path over a selected vicinity of the Earth.
Ways of Celebration of World Wind Day
Wind energy is a supply of renewable energy. It does now no longer contaminate. It's far inexhaustible and decreases the usage of fossil fuels, which are the foundation of greenhouse gasses that purpose worldwide warming. Currently, within the world, there are wind farms producing energy for more than 74,000 MW of power. This means an increase of virtually 25% over the last five years and a promising future, as it's far expected that withinside the subsequent five years.
The significance of wind on human activities and its interaction with the planet's biodiversity is greater than vital. As a way to spread its brilliant overall performance, we celebrate June 15 as World Wind Day.
During this event, countries, organizations, and companies take part in transmitting to citizens the multiple advantages that wind generates, mainly as a source of renewable energy.
When is World Wind Day Celebrated?
Global Wind Day is widely known around the arena annually on June 15. Begun in 2007 as just Wind Day, it became Global Wind Day in 2009. The annual occasion is sponsored through the Global Wind Energy Council, a wind-energy industry association, and WindEurope (previously the European Wind Energy Association), located in Brussels, Belgium.
Global Wind Day is a coordinated action among WindEurope and the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC), similar to numerous countrywide associations, which are seeking to introduce humans to the energy of wind power and its numerous benefits.
In the EU alone, the wind enterprise installed greater than gas and coal blended last year with sufficient cumulative installed capacity to meet 11.4 percentage of the region's energy demand, adequate power to energy 87 million households.
Interesting Facts about World Wind Day
- The US Energy Department affords a wind useful resource map that indicates common wind speeds and the capacity of wind energy potential in case you need to put in a wind turbine to your area.
- The US has over 500 wind turbine production plants that produce a majority of our turbines and employ 73,000 people.
- Wind energy was first advanced with windmills in 200 BC in Persia and China.
- The first current turbine was built in Vermont withinside the 1940s.
- Turbine towers generally stand over 328 feet tall. That's taller than the statue of liberty.
- Each turbine blade is generally 260 ft long.
- Potential offshore wind turbines can produce four instances extra electricity than the United States electric grid can accommodate. This makes offshore wind energy an exceptional solution for densely populated coastal cities.
- China produces the maximum wind energy withinside the world. The United States intently follows as the second-biggest wind energy producer.
- Wind energy accounts for extra than a third of all newly established US energy generators.
- In 2014, sufficient wind energy was produced to a power greater than 17.5 US houses annually. That's each home in Alaska, California, Delaware, DC, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Dakota, and Vermont combined.
- That's additionally 25 instances greater energy than was being produced through wind turbines in 2000.
- Wind power is extraordinarily affordable. In 2014 wind energy was being sold for as low as 2.35 cents.
- In 2015, the United States deliberated to lessen 12.3 gigatons of greenhouse gases and store 260 billion gallons of water with the aid of growing wind energy usage to powerhouses, schools, and businesses.
- The US and China also are catching up. In 2015, China installed simply under 29 gigawatts of the latest wind energy capacity, surpassing its preceding record of approximately 21 GW set in 2014. The country additionally accounted for greater than forty-six percent of all wind power mounted globally for the year, eclipsing the subsequent biggest market, the United States, which introduced 8.6 GW.
- The common length of onshore turbines being manufactured these days is around 2.5-3 MW, with blades of approximately 50 meters long. The blades are spun through the wind, which transfers motion to a shaft related to a generator that produces electricity.
- Small turbines may be related to the electrical grid through your power provider, or they could stand-alone (off-grid). They may be installed on the roof of a home wherein there may be an appropriate wind resource. Often those are around 1kW to 2kW in size.
The Theme of the World Wind Day for the Year 2022
The wind is one of the fastest-developing and most extensively used assets of renewable energy on the planet, and for a great reason! It's a clean supply of power that causes minimum pollutants and mass production. Authoritarian subsidies and improvements in turbine technology are making it greater affordable than ever before.
In the year 2022, World Wind Day will be observed on June 15.